UNIVERSITAS NOBILIUM CAMPI TUROPOLYE / CAMPI ZAGRABIENSIS
The spacious lowlands south of Zagreb, inhabited since prehistorical times, were thanks to its noblemen administratively independent as of 13th century.
In the year 1225 the inhabitants of Turopolje received from the King Béla IV the charter exempting them from the service to the town of Zagreb and recognizing them as free noblemen.
Associated into the "noble brotherhood" they confirmed on several occasions in course of the history their rights before the viceroy and royal authorities.
By the Charter as of the 7th January 1737 the king Karlo III gave to the Noble Minicipality of Turopolje the entitlement to the official stamp with the coat of arms.
The noble Municipality of Turopolje has today still been active.
The ceramic replica of the coat of arms of the Noble Municipality of Turopolje on the bottle of Brigljević liqueur.
In 1513 the family name Brigljević was mentioned for the first time in Turopolje.
In 1524 the Brigljević family was awarded the noble title.
The coat of arms of the Brigljević family at the label of Brigljević liqueur.
A grouse at the family coat of arms, with the blossoming rose twig in the bill, landed on a barrel and became the trademark of distillery of the family Brigljević.
The tradition of fruit brandies and liqueurs production in Croatia dates back for already several centuries.
While brandies were prepared for enjoying as alcoholic beverages, fruit liqueurs were produced along with brandies, enriched with medicinal herbs, as precious beverages for health improvement.
The secret of preparation was passed down from one generation to the other until our days.
In distillery of the Brigljević family we prepare liqueurs in the traditional manner from the carefully selected fruits of the pure nature and without any artificial admixtures.
Our distillery began with work in the year 2002 wishing to save the valuable gastronomic heritage from oblivion and return it into glasses.
The many times over rewarded bottle and label design merges cultural, historical and gastronomic heritage.
As of the year 2008 distillery operates in the newly renovated premises.